Monday, July 7, 2008


(image)

I recently saw two movies in the theatres. This is not a usual routine since movies are so stinkin' expensive these days but I really wanted to see these. The first was 'Get Smart'. I would have to give this movie a "very funny" rating. It is a spy movie gone awry much like 'I Spy' and the key element to this movie is Steve Carell. His awkwardness is just so funny that any other aspect of the film that may detract from it becomes okay and can be overlooked. I would recommend this movie if you just need a good laugh and some clean entertainment.

The movie I most recently saw was Disney's Wall-E. Now, I don't know if anyone remembers the movie 'Short Circuit' but I have always loved that movie and held a place in my heart for Number 5. And Wall-E looks almost exactly like Number 5. So even before I saw Wall-E I fell in love with the little robot. And he is indeed loveable! For at least the first 30 minutes of the movie you hear no dialogue. Wall-E only says two words (although repeatedly) throughout the whole film but through sounds and gestures you understand everything that he is doing and fall in love with him. It is a journey film, much like 'Finding Nemo'. You should definately see this movie as it is yet another Disney/Pixar classic.
(image)


Eerily alike, eh? Images found here and here.

No comments: