Thursday, June 19, 2008

'Tis the time to break out the swimming suits. I don't know about anyone else, but I struggle finding a good bathing suit. Every woman has such a different body shape that bathing suits can be hit or miss as far as fit. But as for style, well, I tried to find a few I thought were hits.

To err on the side of modesty a bit, I mostly look for one-piece and tankini suits. And I think this search is usually a much harder one. Bikinis seem to have endless cute varieties while finding a one-piece outside of the basic Speedo (which for some people is great but on me looks shameful) takes a bit more hunting. Here are some that I did find:

This one has a bandeau top and pleats over the hips, making a streamlined look. Find it here.

The monokini is a newer fashion in swimwear and is the 'grey' between a one-piece and a bikini. I think it is cute and kind of teasing. You can find this polka-dotted one here.


Here are another two options for cute(r) one-pieces. Find them here and here, respectively.

I love the old Hollywood glamour look of this piece. If I had this one, I might just have to wear pearls too.

If I had the money, I would buy this in a second. Maybe some would consider it a far cry from a bathing suit but I just think it is too cute. The frills and lace win me over. ;)


This bathing suit from Victoria's Secret is the one that I recently bought for this summer. It fits pretty well and I am pleased with it so far. You can find it here.
Good luck!

1 comment:

Lisa & Gerald said...

Oh I love bathing suits! I love everything about summer Im a true Beach Bum! Our warm weather is almost to an end now! :<(