Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Let them eat cake!

Pretty, pretty cakes! Cakes have come a long way. They are no longer mounds of fluffy icing but rather works of art. I am no cake connoisseur but it seems that the right cake could add a very nice touch to your wedding! Here are a few that I found.

Okay, so I seem to have a thing with the ribbons...I don't know why. Maybe because they look so darn real! It is incredible! For my sister, I for some reason like the cake with the fruit in between it. It is so bright and happy---just like her! (All via http://www.maisiefantaisie.co.uk/citrus-fruit-wedding-cake.html)

Here is another one with the ribbon thing going on. Very classy and simple.
(Made by April Reed Cakes, found via http://bklynbride.blogspot.com/)


A more modern twist with a splash of color!

I like the simplicity of this cake.




These cakes I just had to post! Look at the DETAIL! It is incredible. They would work in maybe a heavily themed wedding but I wouldn't want them at my wedding because no one would be looking at the bride, they would be looking at the cake the whole time!

No comments: